Friday 26 October 2012

Progress Review Complete! Where do I go from here?

Hmmmm well that was a disaster! Unfortunately my tutors didn't like any of work so far or my idea OR my statement... so basically everything, oh! but they liked my blog.

I'm really disappointed with my result, thought I was finally getting somewhere. But I'll take it on the chin and move on.

They only pieces my tutors liked were these (below). My friend climbed into the box as a joke but it had a interesting outcome and I decided to sketch her inside the box when it was standing upright. As for the little guy with his hand out, I simple cut off a layer of the cardboard to give that effect. It is one of three pieces that make up a little animation.



 
So what all these pieces have in comon is that they involve a different type of space, Confined Space. One of tutors gave my advice of looking at coffins and starting talking about mummified people but to be honest I hate zombies and mummies and that sort of thing... creepy! But I see where he's advice is leading.
 
I have decided yet again to start anew because obviously what I was doing wasn't any good. My theme is still personal space but I'm going to focus on Confined Space rather than Sharing Space.
I'll start off by documenting small cramped spaces or small slits in walls or whatever that have larger/smaller spaces hidden behind them or perhaps things protected by a outer shell... similar to a coffin, body is protected by a outer shell. I think a few people might have a similar idea so I have to be careful and not come up with a idea very similar to someone else's.
 
I have a long bank holiday weekend to think my ideas through, hopefully goes well since I'm a bit off track at the moment...
... Stay chuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment