Thursday 11 October 2012

Latest Tutorials

Tutorial 8th Oct

I had a tutorial on Monday with one of my tutors. We brainstormed together and I explained my idea of different types of space. Adapting to space, we brainstormed mazes, obstacle courses, playgrounds and that sort of thing. Sculptures that force the viewer to adapt to a space by having to move round, though, over or under. He then started looking at my sketchbook. Immediately pointed out that I'm thinking more on the end result rather than the journey! I realise this myself now I look at my sketchbook. Once I get ideas for pieces I like to write the down.

We then came across a sketch in my sketchbook where I was exploring the sense of depth. We then started brainstorming again and I was told some interesting stories by my tutor from his life that deal with depth. His main point in telling me those was to make something important to me! Something I'm passionate about and it will show in my work.
They were the main points, make the journey not just the end results and be passionate abut what I'm making.

Tutorial 11th Oct
Little mouse exit
Today I  had another quick tutorial. My tutor had a quick look through my contextual notebook and sketchbook and then had a look at my little experiment that was in the hallway. My experiment was "Claim your Space", simply a big cardboard box and I allowed everyone to write and draw whatever they liked. I noticed that when people don't know what to draw they just write their names, which is the best way to claim something. Once your name is on it it's considered your property! We've all done this throughout our lives on different things. Unfortunately the next day I returned to the college to check the piece, it was covered in rather rude drawings. Which I had expected!
There was a glimmer of hope for some creative students who actually used their skills to draw or crave into the box.


 
 
 
Unfortunately my little experiment didn't go down to well with my latest tutor and I was told to through it in the bin. Straight to the point, which I like! Bye bye box!!! I'll get rid of it next week since I have no use for it now.
 
I was told to focus more on my idea of relationships and sharing your personal space with others. She found my little wire sculpture of people hugging interesting.
 
 
Now I think I'll focus on this idea for a while and see what I come up with............
.....Stay chuned!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment