Saturday 17 November 2012

Tutorial and latest work

Tutorial
Hmmm I'm feeling a little frustrated. Seems none of my tutorials are going that well. Maybe I'm just not good at explaining my ideas and work properly... but I'm not giving up hope, eventually I'll make something that will wow everyone, sooner or later!

Main points given to me were draw or paint from real objects, be more realistic or convincing. In my paintings, they are quite colourful, personally I think the colours are more interesting than normal skin tone colours. Also, I'm to literal and obvious with my pieces. I guess I need to spice things up a bit and keep people guessing... easier said than done though!

Next I will be moving onto sculptures. My tutor didn't really have much to say about my paintings, so I guess it's time to go back to 3D work.

Latest work
I did some more bits  and pieces on Confined Personal Space.
 Painting with an oil bar, scraped away the outline of the figure
 
Simple painting of a curled up figure.
 Pen drawing of a curled up woman
 
Pen drawing of a woman confined to a box
 
Indian Ink drawing. Bit animated, focus on colour
 
 A more detailed painting, focusing on brush strokes and colour
 
Painting, less colourful. I like to use the sheet of paper itself as the outline of the confined space, so she is confined without physically being confined in space.
 
 
  I went to the print workshop and did these two quick mono prints by simply drawing on the acetate. Woman confined to a space.
 
To do a mono print you have to remove excess ink with a piece of paper. This is just a print of the excess ink. I drew a figure onto the print with tipex. I'm not wasting a thing!
 
My wall so far to get the sense of scale.
 
This weekend I'll be focusing on my big CCS essay on the Renaissance I have to do, then I have another essay to do on a class project for the second part of CCS based on the Magdalene Sister's due to history of the college.... busy busy!
.......stay chuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment