Monday 26 November 2012

My latest tutorials and new idea!

I've had lots of tutorials last week. To some up the advice given to me, I need to start drawing from real life!!!!! It shows through the art. I have a habit of improvising, especially with colour. I like to use my own selection of colours rather than focusing on the realistic elements. In my latest tutorial I was told I need more work done. Problem is I've hit a bit of a wall... I'm getting tired of the topic I'm currently doing, Confined personal space, my tutors don't seem overly keen on it either so perhaps it's time to have a re think and move on.

My tutor also recommended doing a series of observational drawing. So I did just that! I made a small paper box and squashed different sized items inside it. I focused on the different folds in the crumpling box. The tension in the folds as it adapts to the larger object. This time it's a space adapting to an object basically.
From these drawings I noticed I was focusing a lot on textures, perhaps this is another area I could move onto? I think paintings of close up textures might be pretty interesting. Not very original I know but perhaps with the use of different materials I might be able to put my own little twist on things... think I'll give it a try.
Here are some of my observational dwings:



 



 

So far I have covered a series of different areas. It's really about time I settle down on one before my assessments after Christmas. Here is a list all with the theme of Personal Space:
  • Sharing your space.
  • Adapting to a space.
  • Claiming a space.
  • Hidden spaces.
  • Confined spaces.
Hidden image behind another.
 

And now textures in a space. Think I'll start off by photographing everyday areas I travel on going to and from college and home. This way I would have a physical journey in my paintings, then paint a close up of the textures and details with emphasis on colour and brush strokes and even the materials I paint on. Hopefully it turns out well... we'll see!

I then continued my observational drawing by using a model. I made my boyfriend a victim of my observational studies  (sorry and thank you :P) by standing on the other side of the door to me and standng in front of the small window in the door. This small window acts like a frame. It relates to my paitings focusing on composition in an small space. I took a few quick photos and sketches. Here's some of what I came up with:










 thats all for now folks ...stay chuned!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment