Monday 17 September 2012

Brief ....To Sense My Space

Week 1 of introduction lectures are finished and now it's time to get to work! We were given our studios and work spaces and some materials to work with, now we're left to work on our own and research our brief, "To Sense My Space".
 For the past few days I have mainly been researching different artists. I took down every artist's name mentioned in our introduction lectures. I found Antony Gormley very interesting and will use his work and other artist's as reference. I have made mind maps and a few sketches to help me on my journey to making lots of ideas, let's just hope the tutors like them!
 My main ideas focus on the senses. For example the sense of lonliness can be depicted as a figure sitting alone in the corner, or the sense of feeling sufficated can be depicted as being surrounded by a large crowd. I find when exploring these senses that the negative emotions are the most graphic!
 I have to have my research finished by the end of this week! I'll let you know how it goes.

Antony Gormley
 
Antony Gormley

No comments:

Post a Comment