Tuesday 18 September 2012

Paper!!




I have always enjoyed making things from paper, not origami! Unfortunately I'm not that good...yet!! I decided to do more research into paper sculptures and what I found were amazing, beautiful, clean and very complicated looking ssculptures.
 Paper seems to be a material not often used for sculptures, which is strange since we are surrounded by paper everyday. Paper is easy to manipulate into your desired shape and if used correctly can be very effective and dramatic. It's best not to crumple the paper too much if you are looking for a clean, sharp look, to contrast this effect, of course you can have fun crumpling up as much paper as you like to give a worn, dishevelled effect. Adding colour is extremely effective but there is a purity in the white paper that shouldn't be overlooked!

Here are some interesting pieces I found during  my research.


 
 
Even paper clothes!! 

2 comments: