Sunday 23 September 2012

First crit and Culture Night

Had my first little group discussion (crit) on Friday. Tutor came in and went around the room asking everyone for their ideas. Was really interesting finding out what everyone elses ideas were. Some seemed complicated and some easy but effective, everyone had their own unique idea and style.
When it came to my turn to tell everyone my ideas, it seems all my ideas left my head and I had a uuuuuuuh moment :p I managed to say my idea in the end and the tutor didn't seem to have any problems with it so I was happy.

Friday evening I attended the Cultural Night event. I had a look at the exhibitions and talks on in Ormston House and Faber Studio. It was really interesting listening to the artists themselves speek about their own art, pointing out the ideas behind the paintings, ideas which you may not have realised unless you listened to the artist. Ormston House exhibition consisted of only paintings where as Faber Studio made sculptures out of recycled materials or objects that have been throw away, such as scrap metal, stolen bikes that were not claimed at the police station. There was all sorts of objects there. The artists made a bar to serve refreshments out of pieces of wood and metals and such. I found that to quite quirky and fun! The Culture night reminded me of the EVA event I attended, going from gallery to gallery admiring all the different art.

I hope to attend other events such as this in the future :)


No comments:

Post a Comment