Monday 28 January 2013

Print! First elective!

We had to choose three electives to try out for the second semester, at the end of the semester we then have to choose one of them to study for the next 3/4 years. It's a big decision!!! My first elective was Print Making.

I found it a little difficult to grasp at first. Which is probably happens when trying new things. It was fun though and I enjoyed it. I discovered my physical strength was terrible though because I needed help with the printing press, kind of embarrassing! I made 19 prints in total. Many of them are replicas of other prints because the printing process is very repetitive. The brief was 'Urban', and my approach to the brief was nature vs U rban. How nature still manages to grow even in our harsh urban environment.

Here are some of my prints:










 All the above were a way of mono printing. Rubbing away the ink to give painterly textures. This was my favourite way of printing.


Dry Point Printing. Scratching the image into acitate and inkink over it and then rubbing away the ink to get clean precise lines.




 Above. Wood Block Prints




 Mono Print. (Above)

Oh yeah! I passed my assessment in the first semester. Delighted!!!!

Next elective is animation, can't wait!!!!
i'll keep  you posted!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment