Tuesday 8 January 2013

An Artist's Hallway

At home, we have a long narrow hallway, to break it up a little my Dad glued on almost like frames onto the wall. Frames that cry out to have images painted inside on them. So that's exactly what I did! I started painting a series of murals in the frames as material to show in sketchbooks for my portfolio to get into art college.

My theme for the portfolio were flowers, so there are quite a few flowers. Once the portfolio was finished I moved onto differnt images of my Dad' choice... because I paint the for him. There are 9 large frames altogrther, and I'm in thhe middle of paintng the eighth one. These have nothing to do with my current college work. These were done in my spare time and something I enjoy doing.

Here are the paintings in order of the earliest to the most recent, you can see I got better at painting over time I think:

Lilies

Humming bird

Canterberry Bells


Top and bottom halves. Ivy


Top and bottom halves. Roses.

 Parats

Elephants
 

I'll put the photo's of the last two frames when I have time to finish them. Now here are the views of the paintings from either end of the hallway to give you a peek at what it's like now:


One end.




And the other.


Obviously the paintings are very decorative because it's apart of the house.
Thats it for now.
...... Stay chuned!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment