Tuesday 29 January 2013

ANIMATION!!!!!

I started my animation elective. We started off by watching lots of animations and anime's... brilliant! What a great way to start off class! I guess finding and watching these animations counts as contextual work, looking at how they are made and the styles they were drawn/made in.

This is one of the anime's I found particularly funny: 'A Gathering of Cats' ( Neko no Shuukai ) ...enjoy! A cat planning world domination because humans keep standing on his tail. It's the bitter sweet life of a cat....

 
 
This is another animation that stood out for me, 'Ohayo' (オハヨウ) Satoshi Kon. I found the style of anime was beautifully drawn and the story was simple and effective. Enjoy!...
 

 
 
This is a really cute animation with a lovely love story, based on soulmates:
 
 
 
 
I found this animation pretty adorable!!!!!! and a really nice story! Enjoy!...
 

 
 
A typical Pixar looking bird. Funny story based on the difficult life of birds on a telephone wire. Enjoy!...

 
 
This is really funny!...Enjoy!...
 
 
'Big Buck Bunny'... poor guy gets bullied and gets his own back, a cute and funny animation, enjoy!...

 
I thought this was a really well made animation, it has the typical stop motion appearance and flows really well. |'Ten Thousand Pictures of You', enjoy!....
 

 
'Darkness Light Darkness' (1990) by Jan Svankmajer. A extremely well made claymation. I find myself conficted watching this. I like it yet dislike it. It's well made yet creepy! (mainly the creepy face...no offence!)It's an animation about becoming aware of your own body as you grow.
 
 
A short film from 'Wall-E' that I recently discovered. Love that film and the short films related to it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment