Wednesday 13 March 2013

electives over and now time to decide!

I finished my 2 weeks of painting, my final elective I chose to try out. Before we knew it we are thrown into the massive decision of deciding what we want to do for the next 4 years of our college lives last week.

I was torn between painting and animation. Which one do I want do study for the next 4years? I enjoy both!

I had my progress reviews for painting, animation and print. I got all my grades for this term during the painting review. I was shocked and delighted I got good grades for a change, my hard work paid off.

Painting: 68
Animation: 85
Print: 54

BUT! (there is always a but) the first semester is worth double the second semester (now they tell me). So I got 54 in the first semester and now my overall is 57. Not  a big leap is it? I knew that struggle in the first term would come back and bite me in the bum!

Anyway, I'm still happy. In painting I was told I got the highest in the discipline, although I presume I'm one of many, and I can get into painting but it's my decision what I want and I should go with what my gut tells me and decide on something I would enjoy and wouldn't dread coming back to in the future years. So they said I was lucky because I have the choice between my highest teo disciplines. The review was short and sweet.
 
Animation went pretty well to, my tutor said he was really impressed and thinks I'm suited to animation and so he gave me the high grade, I was delighted! However first term has hurt my chances of getting animation because my overall grade was low. So I went from being the top 5 to getting animation on his list to having a battle with 'fate' on whether or not I'll get it. He said there is a chance but it depends on the numbers who want it and there are only 24 places available. So we'll wait and see!

Print also went well. The tutor said I am good enough to choose to do print and wouldn't have a problem with it. My grade is kind of in the middle so I'm not terrible or brilliant basically. The decision is up to me. It was a sort but sweet meeting.

Because of the big difference in my grades, animation obviously being the highest, I decided to put animation as my first choice, painting second and print third.

On that Friday we got our results... and guess what? I GOT ANIMATION!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment